Trying to paint..... with help from Jolly

I've had a quiet spell from freelancing recently, so I decided to do some painting just for me (very extravagant I know!) I've started to paint some of my collection of vintage and retro kitchenalia items.....plates, teacups and saucers, cutlery, tins and coffee pots etc.

My kitchen has been turned into a makeshift studio with my trusty table becoming a desk, and cupboards and shelves being used to prop-up works in progress! Very unglamorous - but surprisingly practical.
Practical that is apart from my hungry cat Jolly subtly reminding me the kitchen is for preparing her dinner - and it's time for tea! Honestly - does anyone else have to put up with these kind of work interuptions?!?!...

8 comments:

  1. I LOVE seeing your work in progress Lucy - these are beautiful images. And I couldn't NOT leave a comment where Jolly is concerned because I have a similar interrupter who likes to drink from the dirty paint brush water jar while I'm working so I am constantly having to get up and make sure the water is at least semi-clean. Perhaps inky-gouachey water tastes a little better than the regular kind? But honestly I love the distraction. It ties in well with my procrastination. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. He he - that's so funny Allison!! I'm glad it's not just me that has crazy cat interuptions! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your watercolours are so lovely Lucy. So so lovely. The only distraction I have is a pesky boyfriend. At least he doesn't sit on my work or drink my paint water...!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Katy! I'm glad you like the artwork, and glad your boyfriend behaves himself around your work (hmmm don't think I'd want Jolly sitting on hand-made ceramic pots!!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. hello... hapi blogging... have a nice day! just visiting here....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Savannah sent me your way. Your painting is just fabulous and what a cute helper too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my!1 i have the same tall blue and white pot...its even on my blog!
    Love your blog by the way...going straight to my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i am adoring your watercolours. your vintage crockery collection is divine. you've inspired me!

    ReplyDelete