UK shipment of china!

I had the best Christmas present arrive on Christmas eve - the shipment of china and books that I picked up from the UK last September! As usual everything was picked up from second-hand shops and local markets (mainly in London and in Bristol) - and I am constantly amazed at what is being thrown out!
The gorgeous turquoise and olive coffee pot, sugar bowl and creamer is a G&J Meakin featuring their popular Studio shape (introduced in the mid 1960's) I just love the tall elegant shape - it's timeless!

The teapot (top) with the large rose pattern I don't know anything about as there is no backstamp - but I just loved the unusual diamond shape to the body and triangular handle. These strong angular shapes are a perfect contrast to the traditional rose pattern.

The teacup and plate trio (left) is a Midwinter design on their fashion shape and I picked this up from the fabulous Spitalfields market in the East End of London.

I am hoping to start drawing and painting some of these soon as well as making some new wall-plates!

No comments:

Post a Comment