Latest second-hand finds

Busy, busy week this week!  I've been pretty flat out with some freelance design work, but I did manage to find time to pop into the fabulous Lost & Found market in Smith Street yesturday.  Always very dangerous - as I always manage to find things to buy! 
I bought this retro tomato ketchup sauce bottle in the shape of a tomato - genious!  I've actually wanted one for ages as it really reminds me of visiting old-fashioned cafes in England as a child!  Tomato ketchup, Lea & Perrins Worcestershire sauce and HP sauce - ahh the best of Bristish!!  
I also picked up this rather stunning long-length vintage green leather coat!  Green is my favourite colour and this leather coat is a beautiful dark British racing green colour.  Its in superb condition - the brand is Merivale which was apparantly the first specialty fashion boutique in Melbourne.  This quote about Merivale is from The Powerhouse site - which I found via Circa Vintage Clothing;

Established by John and Merivale Hemmes, the landmark House of Merivale and clothing designed by Merivale revolutionised the Australian fashion scene. John and Merivale Hemmes were mavericks in Australian fashion. Modelled on London’s famous concept boutiques and catering to 18-25 year olds, the House of Merivale was the first specialty fashion boutique in Australia.


The House of Merivale was not just a shop; it was a phenomenon that significantly influenced a generation of young Australian’s attitude to shopping and the fashion experience. The House of Merivale was the place to go to for the latest trends in music, fashion and make-up and was the first store in Australia to sell the mini. The popularity of the boutique was such that teenagers would be lined up outside the door.

No comments:

Post a Comment