Second-hand finds in England



Cute vintage florals and the classic monochrome 'Homemaker' pattern


Detail from one of my favourite floral patterns with its beautiful backstamp and a stunning unusual interpretation of the Willow design by Wedgwood.

I picked up these plates (amongst some others that I am now eagerly waiting to be shipped out)whilst on my recent trip to the UK. I was especially pleased with the 'Homemaker' plates; the pattern is one of the best known ceramic designs of the 1950's and is considered a design classic and one of the most popular patterns of the 20th Century. Cute backstamp too!

I also found several retro teatowels - I love the simple stylised graphic patterns - especially the cocktail fruits! The small cute floral pattern is from the 1960's, but I'm not too sure about the others. I love the Queensland print - how fab are the colours and it does seem very tropical in contrast to the Scottish brown and purple design with recipies for haggis, scotch broth and clootie dumplings!

No comments:

Post a Comment