Spitalfields Market

On my return to the UK I had the chance to visit my favourite market in London - Spitalfields market in the East End. The whole area around Spitalfields including Brick lane, Cheshire street and Columbia road has a fantastic mix of vintage, original design and independent shops. There is a vibrant and eclectic mix of artists, designers, jewellers, bookshops, homewares and second-hand treasures - and it's great to shop away from the dominating high street department stores.
I visited Spitalfields on the antiques and vintage day - it was a good job I was limited to a suitcase or the day could have become very expensive! Just check out the retro white moulded chairs above with the blue and red seating, plus vintage military and naval uniforms below - brilliant!

Of course what I was really interested in was all the ceramic and kitchenware items...
So many dinner and tea-sets in mint condition, servingware from the 1960's with coloured handles, decorative enamel ware and patterened storage jars - all so colourful and pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment